Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I am not waiting idlely. I am praying. And everyday, I am desiring a job as an ESL teacher more and more. As I work with the students here at LC and LN, God has allowed me to teach, practice management, and develop a growing rapport with these students. I walk away feeling refreshed. I love being with these students even when I have to step up and manage or discipline. There is just a sense of peace that I am where I am supposed to be.

Please pray for me. I've heard so many things about hundreds and thousands of teachers being let go, yet so many teachers I have talked to say that I shouldn't have a problem getting a job because of the great need for ESL teachers and because my license is K-12. With these dueling sides, I am praying for that special classroom that I am meant to be in. Please pray that God would provide and reveal these things to me. I know He is preparing me right now for it. I wish I could just start working in one of the high schools that I am at right now. I have already started building relationships with the kids and I know a lot of the staff, which I've also started buidling good rapport with. It would seem natural to me to transition into a teaching position at one of these places. But God knows.

Thank you, dear Readers.

1 comment:

Stephen and Michelle said...

I pray that in His timing He would show you what is best for you. He is good.
Michelle