Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Exactly What I Needed...Egg-zactly

This past weekend, I had the privilege of staying with my music pastor's teenage daughter while they made a quick trip to Pennsylvania. I was super excited when they called me earlier in the week. I love these kinds of things. I love being able to spend time getting to know teens and seeing who God is to them. Well, lately I've been hearing about God's Humor...and the first night I stayed at their home, I experienced it first hand. Oh, me and my absent-mind. I forgot my contact case and solution. But, of course, I didn't realize this until I was exhausted and ready for bed. So I started to pray. And pray. And pray. At first I thought about filling plastic cups up with my eye drops that I had and covering them with plastic wrap. But then I wasn't sure if the amount of eye drop liquid I had would do the trick. I sat on the bed and prayed. God, I have to work tomorrow. If I sleep in my contacts, it will make life horrible at work tomorrow and I won't be as quick with management because I will be distracted. God, is there something that you can do? And suddenly, my eyes were drawn to a basket of plastic Easter eggs. Perfect! I jumped up and attended the basket, pawing over each of the eggs and trying to find two eggs that didn't have pre-cut holes in them. Finally I found two and just started singing praises between my chuckles. What a funny idea! And it worked!! So to God's credit, His brilliant mind and humorous way of getting me out of my own self-inflicted predicament solve my little issue. He knew EGG-zactly what I needed!

I've been finding more and more things to pray about as I've been making more changes recently, the big life changes. Signing a lease. Taking a completely different job slightly unrelated to my degree. Learning to communicate specifically what I'm thinking without assuming that others can read my mind. Trusting God for my needs, like a bed. Night stands. A Dresser. All these things and more, He will supply in His timing. His Holy Spirit has cautioned me to not make quick decisions without asking, and I've failed some of the tests. He knows my needs. It's been amazing to look back on the entries that He has inspired in this blog and see how He has come through and provided. With the big move this weekend, I feel like I am walking behind plate glass while the What-If spirit tries to whisper lies and get me worried and anxious about the move. I need Papa's Spirit. I need to just climb up on His lap. Why does it take so much for me to trust Him sometimes? It's crazy that I can have great experiences like my story about the Easter eggs above and then share that other parts of my life haven't found that resting place in His arms because I'm listening too closely to the opposing side and I'm not actively replacing those lies with truth. God, I need your grace and mercy in this.

Dear readers, I need your prayers and I need you to help me praise God with grateful hearts. He has done so much! I don't want to get stuck in the mire of self-pity or insecurity or anxiety. I want to keep walking forward with my head held in view of His face.

All His love,
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God Mary. Aunt Linda