Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express" (Romans 8:26).

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

"Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins'" (Mark 11:22-25).

I may be perhaps entering a new chapter of my life very soon. About a month ago, I posted some "IT JUST SO HAPPENS" entries which were circumstances that God had chosen to step in and show me His miraculous hand. Well, one of those very situations may be taking a turn that will change a lot of things for me. While I am praying about the situation, I am just hoping, hoping, hoping to make the right decision. It is a big step to move to a new place. Please be praying that I make the wisest decision. There are so many factors to consider, mostly with finances and where my career is headed.

Lord, I will move forward until you shut the door or show me which turn to take. God, I need your presence and direction. I want to be where you want me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will pray for God's will. Aunt Linda Mowat

Mary Sue said...

Thanks for your constant prayers, Aunt Linda!