Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Journey of Prayer...

Father,

Thank you so much that I can come to you on all occassions, with all types of prayers. This morning, my prayers are full of thanksgiving and giving you the concerns of my life. God, I think of my aunts and uncles and cousins whom you've provided for, lead and blessed. God, thank you for their testimonies. Their lives haven't been easy by any stretch, but you've given them peace. Thank you that your peace that passes all understanding accompanies us when we put our will in your hands, sacrificing our own ways. Thank you that when we turn to you, choosing your will, that you really do guide us and bless us.

Father, I've been thinking about that full-time teaching job that I've prayed about for a while now. God, I know that it will fall into my lap at the right time and that you will line up all of the circumstances. Help me to trust you during this time, show me exactly what steps of action I do need to take, and prepare me for that time when you are leading me to a classroom of my own. God, I keep getting excited, I keep seeing the need for mentors and teachers who are more than teachers, I keep thinking of fun activities for students to complete, I keep hearing conversations taking place after school with young girls who just need love and encouragement. I keep feeling that desire that you've placed there. At the same time, I see my weaknesses. But I know that those are all strengths in your eyes. Thank you for that, God! Thank you for how you've lead me.

And God, help me to not overlook my students at present now! At the Language Training Center, I encounter young and old students who all need you. God, they need your love and peace, but most importantly, they need your forgiveness. Please God, make me a living testimony - make me a vessel, a lighthouse, just something that will point them to you. Please help me to be intentional about sharing you with them. Why wouldn't I? You definitely didn't intend for me to be silent about what you've done for me. Please be with little *Rebecca, *Naiomi, *Samuel, *Anna, *Brigette, *Mr. Sidney, and *Max. And please bless my bosses. God, I know that some of them want to please you. For those that don't, please speak to their hearts through the love of their colleagues and the circumstances in their lives. God, thank you for them. Bless their leadership. Please help me to be a true blessing in their lives as well. Help me to be a diligent teacher. Thank you, God! You've provided wonderfully! I love my job there! It has been such a good transition for me.

God, I love you. Papa, I need you. Almighty Counselor, show me the way and I will follow.

Aren't His names powerful?

I ask all of this in Jesus name with faith. Amen.

No comments: