Friday, April 18, 2008

CHINA IS OFFICIAL!

So, I got the official word that I am moving to China for two months to complete my student teaching! I cannot tell you how excited I am. I have been waiting for those words of confirmation for so long! Finally, when they arrived -- ahhhh!!! I think I jumped three feet in the air at the email I received confirming everything! So now the long process of preparing will take place - but I am so excited. I am thrilled to prepare - to read, to learn, to save -- yay!

Already, it has been so neat to see how God is preparing me. Earlier this semester, God put it on my heart to speak to my church about what He has done and what He is doing. A few days ago (last week, I think), I just got so excited as I was journaling - I began to practice what I would say! It is such a testimony that God's presence is all-encompassing. He is before me, beside me, above me, behind me, in me - for it is God who works in me "both to will and to do for His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13). I will be in Tianjin, China - which is southeast of Beijing on the coast, a train ride away. I am preparing myself to go alone - I don't think I will have any roommates from school that will be placed in the same town. I will probably have other Christian roommates...but only God knows.

This is real! It is going to happen! I am seeing this bud of a dream start to open up and blossom! At first, it was this vast country - China. Now, it is an international Christian school in Tianjin. I now know how to pray specifically and who to pray for. I have the names of my co-op teachers and principal. I am excited and a little nervous (even though it is months away). Ahh! The excitement and reality that it will be a job, not just a trip - is also rising. I am excited to meet my students and to learn about their culture and to see God in a different place.

Praise God with me, today. Praise God with me, today!

No comments: