Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back in the Glove...

Well, I have made it safely back to MI and I've been wading through my bedroom-- I haven't quite got everything in its place. There are boxes and containers and stuff that needs to be tossed...for the last few nights I had been sleeping on our couch...and finally - I was able to clear away the stuff on my bed and sleep well! And...I must say...I really enjoyed the blessing of having a bed of clean sheets and new comfy padding below...thanks to Mom.

As much as I love adventure, the segues that lead to change do have interesting affects on me. Already, it has been nice to be reminded that God's love embodies the blessings He sends. There are certain things that comfort me at home - laughing and being goofy while watching movies with my sisters, taking long drives with Dad, being goofy with Mom - and the conversations that surround those things. But, when you are living with others, you get the good, the bad, and the ugly. Although this sounds so juvenille and naive, living life with people can get messy.

I hadn't anticipated the change it would be- at least the emotions that it would bring to move home again. With finals that kept me busy, I hadn't taken the time to mentally prepare to live at home again. It is an adjustment - and at times - I would like to be finished here in MI. However, God is teaching me to be thankful in all things. So, I am drawing on His power and strength. I want to live victoriously no matter where I am - I do not want to have a "form of godliness" - I want to live in the grace that God provides daily, along with His mercies that are new each morning.

No comments: