Sunday, October 28, 2007

Taming the Tongue is like Wrestling a Python sometimes...

Have you ever wrestled a fierce animal before? Me neither. I wonder how the animals feel when geeky guys from the discovery show come and fish around in the water trying to find them. They end up waking them up only to be blinded by camera lights, and then they take them out of their comfortable homes. I'd be a little aggressive as well! In a round about way, wrestling with an exotic animal is like wrestling with our tongues. Can it be done? Can we tame them?

Have you ever wanted to talk about someone indirectly? Of course, not in a gossipy way, but you just felt the urge to share your angst with someone else or your curiosity as to someone else's behavior? Me, I have been feeling this way on and off lately. If you aren't careful - geesh! Gossip can sneak in and flog you for all you are worth - you leave a conversation feeling beaten down and worthless. Plus - think about the other side too! Gossip isn't like a back massage! When I have overheard gossip about me in the past, I've wanted to karate chop their face or something! I dunno. My thoughts are this: gossip is a far too dangerous coil to get wrapped up in - satan is too sneaky - it is too dangerous to even scratch the surface. So, until I learn to confide all my feelings totally and utterly unto His ears, my heart with possess this angst. I pray that God will help me to -completely- place my trust in his compantionship. I may not be able to wrestle my bad habits in controlling my tongue, but I know the One who can.

Night, friends.

No comments: