Thursday, October 18, 2007

Without a pen I feel naked, but it's writing that is my exhibitionism. ~Carrie Latet
Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted. ~Jules Renard, Journal, 10 April 1895
Writing is both mask and unveiling. ~E.B. White
Write your first draft with your heart. Re-write with your head. ~From the movie Finding Forrester
If I'm trying to sleep, the ideas won't stop. If I'm trying to write, there appears a barren nothingness. ~Carrie Latet
You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what's burning inside you. And we edit to let the fire show through the smoke. ~Arthur Polotnik
Writers are not just people who sit down and write. They hazard themselves. Every time you compose a book your composition of yourself is at stake. ~E.L. Doctorow
Ink on paper is as beautiful to me as flowers on the mountains; God composes, why shouldn't we? ~Audra Foveo-Alba
Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable. ~Francis Bacon
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth

There is definitley one thing you should know about me. I love to write. If I had all the free time in the world and there were thesauruses at my disposal 24/7, I would be writing. I love ideas and word pictures, metaphors, analogies, and similies. I love connecting with the world in different ways. Above are some of the quotes that I have found that simply delighted my little literary heart.

Things that get me excited: well-written pieces of work, new words that I discover, and coffee.

No comments: