Friday, October 26, 2007

Memories with Coffee...
I have quite a few memories tied in with the smell of coffee. Not a plethura - oo, I love that word - but some pretty amusing ones. For example, when I smell coffee, I think of mornings in our kitchen at home when I would come out in my socks and pajamas - into our sun streaked kitchen where my parents were. Or, the smell of coffee makes me think back to my high school biology teacher. He smoked cigars and to conceal the truth, would cover the smell with a thick coffee cologne. Or...upon entering our church foyer, the smell of coffee hangs in the air - invading my nostrils ever so wonderfully...ahhh...I love coffee.

Have you ever been sitting in an auditorium or classroom and someone begins to sing - the melody is so smooth - their voice so sultry - that it simply lifts you as if you were no heavier than a feather? In the midst of chords and beautiful tones, you find yourself floating above the earth - with nothing but your heart and its wings. Haha...what a dreamer I am.

No comments: