Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why.

Why is it that I always seem to come back around to this spot? Why is it that when I come back around to this spot, nothing has changed?

ARG.

Why is it that some people just seem to be totally blessed and perfect and have everything figured out? Are they the ones truly chosen by God to "make it" ?

ARG.

Why can't I change? Why can't I change. Seriously. I see all of this junk inside of me, and I want to change. But, its like someone has dumped ten heavy 50 gallon sandbags into the shell of my being and I can't, don't move.

ARG.

Will I always be like this? Or will I be the person I could be? I heard a Switchfoot lyric tonight -- "Between the person you are and the person you could be" --- so, which one am I, God? If I'm not changing, then whats the point?

ARG.

Frustrated.
Confused.
Wish I could make sense of everything.
WHY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to what God has to say to you. Aunt Linda Mowat

Stephen and Michelle said...

Sometimes I think that the people that look like they have it all together and figured out really are the most empty or the ones struggling the most. I know because I have been there, and still working on that. So far to go...but in the midst of my frustrations God challenged me to not look at anyone else around me...but only to Him and what He was working on in my heart. That was a HUGE relief to me - because I realized I was comparing my weaknesses to other people's strengths...and of course was falling short every time. I hope this is an encouragement to you today, as much as it was (and still is!) encouragement to me.

God is faithful...
Michelle

Mary Sue said...

Michelle - good point about comparing your weaknesses to other people's strengths...that's what I do, but its a totally wrong way of thinking...

Mary Sue said...

I'm listening...just not sure how to put to practice or how to change things. :) Thanks for praying, Aunt Linda. I can always count on you for that!