Friday, February 8, 2008

Beloved of Christ...

Today, God has thrilled me with His presence. I love the Body of Christ that surrounds me here at school. How amazing the God is that has brought such awesome brothers and sisters into my life. In edifying the Body through obedience, all for His Glory, we are encouraged and given strength to continue on in this world. Last night, at World Christian Fellowship, or more commonly called WCF, Bob Brock visited from VOM - Voice of the Martyrs - and shared God's vision for us as young people. How awesome God is. In the midst of uncertainty and a future left to be defined by the upcoming days of my life - I stand knowing that He is God and I am not - and all that is - is in His hands. Oh, that I might trust Him with every moment of my day.

God has been teaching me so much. As He continues to tend to the wounds of the past, healing is coming! What was once severed, defective, and damaged - He is restoring! Instead of having a ton of brokeness from the past and all that happened - I have scars - but no open wounds left for satan to pour salt on. Cover me with your hedge, Father! The other night I re-lived the past - the mistakes and hurt. It was about 2 a.m. and I layed in bed weeping. Everyone was sound asleep and there I layed - alone - or so the enemy was trying to convince me of. As I re-lived the hurt and questioned God, He stepped in. "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." (Isaiah 46:4) Praise God! He turned my thinking around! I could have fallen asleep hopeless and seemingly forsaken - but He stepped in and rescued me! He is petitioning on my behalf! He didn't stop with just comforting me and letting me cry out to Him. He began to pour healing waters on my heart once again and spoke - reminding me of who He is and who I am. I am His Flower that has been grafted back in - I am His gem! My heart is just flooded with Him. Praise God! He also gave me visions for the purity retreat that I will be speaking at in March. Pray for it! Pray that God would work wonders! Pray that He would speak through me and would help me to be obedient. Satan is raging war against my heart and mind - pray that God would give me scripture to build a wall around it.

He will not forsake you, dear friends!

1 comment:

NomadatHeart said...

Oh yes!!! Isn't God good to bring healing to our broken places?? Wow. God bless you!!! Love you! Carol