Monday, February 18, 2008

And the adventure continues...

So, I have been documenting on my bedroom door the adventure I am having with God. At the top, I have a card that says, "My adventure with God" and then a corresponding card for every victory and triumph God has brought to bring me closer to China. How exciting it is! To know that I am not only on a physical journey, but a faith journey - that my faith is being deepened and I am learning to trust Him more fully - it is so exciting! Praise Him! He is good!

The last card I posted was "Pre-Interview with Dr. Bassett, ISC" - and next to it is a check mark! The next challenge will be to complete my "disposition" sheet with my practicum supervisor. Pray that I can finish it soon! I have to turn it in ASAP, and they have all been so patient.

The cool thing about this adventure is that I am living a whole other life outside of my China adventure and that ITSELF is an adventure. I am preparing to speak at a purity conference in March. The Lord has asked me to do this, and I really didn't want to at first. There is such joy in obedience though! Although there has been a lot of opposition and attacks from the enemy, God has been stepping in and giving me truth and a gameplan for the direction of my talk. I will be speaking for two sessions and sharing my testimony. I am glad that I am able to do this - I just pray that HE would so heavily lay upon my heart the things that need to be said, as well as continue to manifest Himself to me through His Word - so that when I share, I can share with a humble heart and honest spirit. Many girls are isolated in regards to purity. They've done things or whatnot and it is hard to bear one's soul and tell the truth - for fear of rejection or humiliation. However, I want to share truth with them - and I want to bring to light that when we expose satan's plans to the LIGHT - he has lost his foothold. For where there is LIGHT, no darkness can prevail. I pray that freedom may be found for these women. AHH!! There is such joy in freedom from the past, from sin, from who I thought I was! FREEDOM. Drink it in, brothers and sisters!

No comments: