Friday, June 4, 2010

STRUGGLE to be Set Apart

I have always struggled with my quiet time. Mostly because I haven't disciplined myself long enough to see it sustained. I will be going great for a little while and then one day I forget, or I try to read it and it doesn't make sense or seem to resonate, or I reach the stage of little compromises. "I'll do it before going to bed" -- and I know that I'm exhausted before I go to bed -- why would I try to work my brain that late?? Some people can do it - I can only do it and get something from it if I read something earlier and have chosen to walk in His Spirit that day. If not, it becomes so easy to not read it.

What do you do to coach yourself when you're realizing you're missing the mark? Specifically, with Bible Study and Prayer? What do you do to speak encouragement and motivation back into your mind and heart? What do you do? It's not about that invisible "check mark" you get when you're finished, its about spending time with God and connecting with Him. How do you prepare your mind and heart to spend time with him?

No comments: